- Peptidomimetics (peptide mimics) interacting with bacterial membranes
- Protein aggregates (e.g., oligomers and fibrils) interacting with lipid membranes
- Phase separation in model lipid bilayers
- Viral peptides modulate lipid membrane curvature and structure
- Phase separation of lipid bilayers revealed by atomic force microscopy.
- Giant unilamellar vesicles acting as a platform for observing phase separation. The two images below were obtained using fluorescence microscopy.
- Toxic protein aggregates interacting with lipid bilayers.
- Micropipette aspiration of giant unilamellar vesicles. This technique is useful to reveal kinetic impacts of active molecules on vesicle morphology and integrity.
Award number: 1R15GM117531-01 (12/01/2015 – 11/30/2018)
Title: Characterizing Interactions between Bacterial Membranes and Peptidomimetics for the Development of Antibiotics Targeting Multidrug Resistant Bacteria